Assisted living communities are created for people who need a certain level of help with some daily tasks, such as taking medication, bathing or dressing. They live in private apartments or rooms, but there are nursing assistants checking on them each day.
When it comes to choosing an assisted living community for a loved one or for yourself, you might feel overwhelmed and unsure about what you should co, especially considering the many options available. That`s why the first step should be researching about what best suits your needs.
During your research, you must ask a few questions that should bring you relevant answers about different assisted communities and help you make a comparison and, ultimately, a choice.
Ask about safety and quality of care
These are the main concerns of people when it comes to moving in an assisted living community. Make sure that the facility respects the rules and regulations, is licensed and operated legally. A few online resources that can help you include: www.medicare.gov; your state licensing agency; Better Business Bureau.
Other questions that can help you narrow your choices
- The license of this facility has ever been revoked? Why?
- Do you have a recent inspection report?
- Do you have financial records available?
- Are people treated with dignity and respect here?
- What are the available amenities?
- What educational and recreational programs do you have here?
- What medical services are available here?
Find one of the best assisted living communities in Odessa at https://www.erseniorliving.com/the-parks-retirement-community-odessa-texas.aspx.