Improve your ability to effectively communicate wants & needs
Speech Therapy provides services that work with the full range of communication, cognition, and swallowing disorders. The goal is to improve your ability to effectively communicate wants and needs, assist you with auditory comprehension, aid you in eating/drinking without coughing or choking, and provide strategies for helping you complete daily tasks.
Benefits of Speech Therapy
- Improved communication abilities and oral motor skills
- Improved vocal quality
- Improved swallowing
- Improved memory, self-monitoring, planning, and problem solving
- Improved comprehension and reading and writing skills
- Assistance with augmentative and alternative communication devices
Our speech therapists are specialized in evaluating all aspects of your communication, including the cognitive, language, and speech components, as well as swallowing disorders that affect your overall health and well being. Through a comprehensive plan and education, your therapist will work with you to implement a strategy for improving your mental, vocal, and comprehension skills, allowing you to safely return to your home environment upon discharge.
Speech therapy can be used for treatment of health problems such as:
- Neurological disorders
- Eating/swallowing disorders
- Memory deficits
- Vocal weakness